STORY & PHOTOS KELSEY CORCORAN
Ingredients: 100g Softened butter, 100g dark brown sugar, 50g golden syrup, 1 large egg, 250g self-raising flour, 2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Start by preheating the oven to 160 C fan forced.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Add the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until light and fluffy using an electric hand held whisk. Add golden syrup and 1 egg and whisk again.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whisk again.
- Lightly knead dough and wrap in cling wrap.
- Let dough chill in the fridge for one hour or until firm.
- Sprinkle bench with flour and roll the dough into a flat disc.
- Using your desired cookie cutter shape, cut out your gingerbread men shapes.
- Place gingerbread men on baking trays prepared earlier 1 cm apart and bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool before decorating.
- Decorate with icing pens.
Have you picked up a copy of our magazine?
Available at Hervey Bay Stockland’s, Night Owl, Food n Groove, Maryborough Art Gallery, and various other newsagents throughout the Fraser Coast..
Recent Posts / View All Posts
A Cappella – it’s all about harmony and sisterhood Story by Marianne Kresse, Photos supplied by Armella Pratt Did you know that Hervey Bay has its own A Cappella Chorus?…
Cate Akaveka from Books by the Sea, formerly Mary Ryan’s, has given the shop a new look at their new location on the Esplanade in Hervey Bay The book shop…
From Gutter to Glory Success stories from Bayside Transformations Ice destroys lives. It tears families apart. But Joshua Alsop and Zack Walthall are living proof that the destruction caused by…
Tori-Jay Mordey is a 24-year-old local Indigenous artist who began drawing when she was very young. She was raised in the Torres Straits on Thursday Island but spent a majority…
Dial A Driver (D.A.D) is a company created by owner Rob Braddock that has been servicing Hervey Bay and Maryborough since 1984. It is currently in the process of setting…
I am often asked from where I source my inspirational stories. Is it from my worldly, educated grasp of current affairs? My uncanny ability at reading people, or maybe my…