Carrot patch cupcakes
This cupcake batch gives a whole new meaning to carrot cake.
You will need:
- Chocolate cupcake mix (any will do)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Oreos (remove the cream)
- White chocolate melts
- Orange food colouring.
- Piping bag
- Kitchen utensils
- Follow the instructions on the cupcake box and leave to cool.
- While cupcakes cool prepare the icing: melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat and gradually add cocoa powder. Stir until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat and place in a medium-size bowl. Let cool slightly.
- Add the milk and vanilla alternately with the powdered sugar to the bowl and beat with an electric mixer until you have the consistency you desire.
- Using a knife, cut a hole in the centre of the cupcake for the strawberry.
- Ice the cupcakes around the hole.
- In a ziplock bag crush the oreo biscuits.
- Sprinkle the Oreo crumbs around the hole to create a dirt look.
- Place the white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in intervals of 20 seconds stirring between until melted. Add orange food dye and mix well.
- Dip the clean, dry strawberries in the melted chocolate up to the leaves. Let the excess chocolate drip off and place on a lined tray.
- Place excess melted chocolate in a piping bag and drizzle chocolate over strawberries for texture.
- Place strawberries in the fridge to set.
- Once set place strawberries in the cupcake hole and serve.