You will need:
2 boneless chicken breast
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 cups lettuce
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1/3 cup julienned carrot
¼ cup crunchy Asian noodles
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 clove of minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven
- In a large bowl combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper. Leave to marinate in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Place marinated chicken in a fry pan and cook evenly on both sides.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar, minced garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Set aside to top salad.
- Combine chopped lettuce, shredded cabbage, julienned carrot, crunchy noodles and chicken in a salad bowl.
- Top with sesame vinaigrette and gently toss before serving.
Have you picked up a copy of our magazine?
Available at Hervey Bay Stockland’s, Night Owl, Food n Groove, Maryborough Art Gallery, and various other newsagents throughout the Fraser Coast..
Recent Posts / View All Posts
A Cappella – it’s all about harmony and sisterhood Story by Marianne Kresse, Photos supplied by Armella Pratt Did you know that Hervey Bay has its own A Cappella Chorus?…
Cate Akaveka from Books by the Sea, formerly Mary Ryan’s, has given the shop a new look at their new location on the Esplanade in Hervey Bay The book shop…
From Gutter to Glory Success stories from Bayside Transformations Ice destroys lives. It tears families apart. But Joshua Alsop and Zack Walthall are living proof that the destruction caused by…
Tori-Jay Mordey is a 24-year-old local Indigenous artist who began drawing when she was very young. She was raised in the Torres Straits on Thursday Island but spent a majority…
Dial A Driver (D.A.D) is a company created by owner Rob Braddock that has been servicing Hervey Bay and Maryborough since 1984. It is currently in the process of setting…
I am often asked from where I source my inspirational stories. Is it from my worldly, educated grasp of current affairs? My uncanny ability at reading people, or maybe my…