Gain some more brain power!
Did you know that..
• On average a person spends 6 months of their life waiting for a red light to turn green.
• Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their forelegs that act as pockets. When diving, they use these pouches to store their favourite rocks and food.
• You cannot snore and dream at the same time.
• The word “gorilla” is derived from a Greek word meaning, “A tribe of hairy women.”
• Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
• Pirates wore earrings because they believed it would give them better eyesight
• Humans can hear the difference between hot water and cold water being poured.
• Eight of the ten largest statues in the world are Buddha.
• The skin of a tiger is striped, not just the fur.
• In Slovakia, they keep their Christmas carp in the family bathtub for a few days before Christmas.
Have you picked up a copy of our magazine?
Available at Hervey Bay Stockland’s, Night Owl, Food n Groove, Maryborough Art Gallery, and various other newsagents throughout the Fraser Coast..
Recent Posts / View All Posts
A Cappella – it’s all about harmony and sisterhood Story by Marianne Kresse, Photos supplied by Armella Pratt Did you know that Hervey Bay has its own A Cappella Chorus?…
Cate Akaveka from Books by the Sea, formerly Mary Ryan’s, has given the shop a new look at their new location on the Esplanade in Hervey Bay The book shop…
From Gutter to Glory Success stories from Bayside Transformations Ice destroys lives. It tears families apart. But Joshua Alsop and Zack Walthall are living proof that the destruction caused by…
Tori-Jay Mordey is a 24-year-old local Indigenous artist who began drawing when she was very young. She was raised in the Torres Straits on Thursday Island but spent a majority…
Dial A Driver (D.A.D) is a company created by owner Rob Braddock that has been servicing Hervey Bay and Maryborough since 1984. It is currently in the process of setting…
I am often asked from where I source my inspirational stories. Is it from my worldly, educated grasp of current affairs? My uncanny ability at reading people, or maybe my…