Recycled Easter bunny planters
This craft is lots of fun but will require adult supervision and assistance.
You will need:
- Acrylic paints
- Box cutter or knife
- Potting soil
- Plastic bottle
- Using a sharpie mark out where you want your ears to be. (this might take some planning)
- Cut the top of the bottle off with a box cutter or knife. Adult assistance is needed.
- Using scissors cut along the lines that you just drew and continue around the bottle so you are left with a pot with ears.
- Using your paint and brush paint the body the colour you want. Leave to dry and repeat until you have enough layers.
- Once the final layer has dried it’s time to add the features. Paint the insides of the ears and the face.
- Fill your planter with potting mix and add flowers.
- Leave in a sunny spot and water regularly.
Have you picked up a copy of our magazine?
Available at Hervey Bay Stockland’s, Night Owl, Food n Groove, Maryborough Art Gallery, and various other newsagents throughout the Fraser Coast..
Recent Posts / View All Posts
A Cappella – it’s all about harmony and sisterhood Story by Marianne Kresse, Photos supplied by Armella Pratt Did you know that Hervey Bay has its own A Cappella Chorus?…
Cate Akaveka from Books by the Sea, formerly Mary Ryan’s, has given the shop a new look at their new location on the Esplanade in Hervey Bay The book shop…
From Gutter to Glory Success stories from Bayside Transformations Ice destroys lives. It tears families apart. But Joshua Alsop and Zack Walthall are living proof that the destruction caused by…
Tori-Jay Mordey is a 24-year-old local Indigenous artist who began drawing when she was very young. She was raised in the Torres Straits on Thursday Island but spent a majority…
Dial A Driver (D.A.D) is a company created by owner Rob Braddock that has been servicing Hervey Bay and Maryborough since 1984. It is currently in the process of setting…
I am often asked from where I source my inspirational stories. Is it from my worldly, educated grasp of current affairs? My uncanny ability at reading people, or maybe my…